Banana Split Fudge
This decadent fudge is made in 3 layers—with all the ingredients you love in banana splits!
Chocolate Banana Fudge Layers Ingredients
- 4 1/2 cups C&H® Baker's Sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (not condensed)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips, semisweet
- 2 cups chocolate chips, bittersweet
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Banana Split Layer Ingredients
- 1 cup C&H® Baker's Sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Maraschino cherries, chopped (or dried)
- 1/2 cup pineapple, dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup banana chips, dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut, dried flaked, unsweetened
Chocolate Banana Fudge Layers Instructions
Combine sugar, milk and bananas in saucepan and boil for 6 minutes. Place butter and chocolate chips in large, heavy bowl. Pour sugar mixture over butter and chips. Add vanilla. Beat mixture with wooden spoon until it loses its gloss. Stir in pecans.
Banana Split Layer Instructions
Combine sugar, buttermilk, corn syrup and 1/4 cup butter in saucepan and cook until mixture reaches 240°F on candy thermometer. Add remaining 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Using different wooden spoon than you used for the Chocolate Banana Fudge layers, beat mixture until it loses its gloss. Stir in cherries, pineapple, banana chips and coconut.
Pour 1/2 of chocolate fudge into greased or parchment-lined 9x13-inch pan. Cover with Banana Split Fudge and finish with remaining chocolate fudge. Chill until set.
Featured By: Contest winner Aimee V. Hachigian Gould, M.D., Montana