Sweet and Spicy Popcorn
6 to 8 cups popcorn
- 1/2 cup C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) salted butter, melted
- 2 to 3 drops food coloring
In a medium bowl, combine all spices and place in an airtight container.
In a large bowl, combine melted butter with food coloring, then toss to coat with 6 to 8 cups of popcorn. Add 2 or more tablespoons of seasoning mix and toss again.
Line containers with plastic food-storage bags. Fill with popcorn, then close the top of the bag with ribbon.
To make plain popcorn in the microwave, place 1/4 cup popcorn kernels in a brown paper lunch bag. Fold the end of the bag three times to avoid any popcorn from escaping. Pop in the microwave for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Makes 6 cups of popcorn