Sugar and Spice Spritz Cookies
about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk (as needed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or cloves, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
Beat brown sugar and butter in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add milk, egg and vanilla; beat until creamy.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Force dough through cookie press onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes, depending on shape. Cool cookies completely before decorating.