Sugar and Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (1 large) apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup nuts (any kind), chopped
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms of 12 medium muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
Beat egg with juice, oil and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir in flour, sugars, baking powder and salt, just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir in apples and nuts. Fill muffin cups.
Combine topping ingredients in small bowl; sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack.