Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 ounces rhubarb, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons C&H® Granulated Sugar divided
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch square pan.
Gently mix together the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, flour and salt. Place in prepared pan.
Mix together the flour, salt, 2 tablespoons sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Cut in butter with a fork, two knives or a pastry blender, until the pieces are about 1/2 inch in size and evenly distributed. Add 1/2 cup of cream; stir until the dough comes together.
On a lightly floured board, press the dough until it is 1/2 inch thick. Cut into ten 2 1/4-inch circles. Re-roll scraps as necessary to get ten circles.
Place the circles in the pan on top of the fruit. Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon of cream on top of the circles; sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden brown and the rhubarb is soft.
Featured by Chef Emily Luchetti.