Strawberry Meringue Dessert Squares
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 soda crackers, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced (or frozen, thawed)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 12x8-inch baking pan.
Beat egg whites in medium bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form; stir in vanilla. Fold in cracker crumbs and pecans. Spread in prepared pan.
Bake 30 minutes, or until set and golden brown. Cool completely.
Whip cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberries. Spoon over cooled base.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cut into 8 squares before serving.