20 to 24 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced (or frozen, thawed)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake tins with liners.
With electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition.
In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Mix for 3 minutes. With spatula, fold in vanilla and strawberries. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 to 3/4 full.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan.
Featured By: Krystina Castella of Los Angeles, CA (http://crazyaboutcupcakes.com)