Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 (8-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 pint (2 cups) strawberries, sliced
- whipped cream (optional garnish)
- mint leaves (optional garnish)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, sugar and butter; mix well. Press evenly on bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart or pie pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese, orange rind, juice and sugar until fluffy. Fill prepared shell with cream cheese mixture; chill at least 1 hour or until firm.
Arrange strawberries over filling. If desired, garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves.
Graham cracker crumbs may be substituted for chocolate cookies in the crust.