Strawberry Cheese Pie with Strawberry Glaze
8 to 10 servings
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 1/2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cottage cheese, large curd
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, divided
- 3/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare pie crust.
In large bowl, beat sugar and cottage cheese until smooth. Beat in flour, cream cheese, cream, lemon rind, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Pour into pie shell.
Bake 60 minutes; cool.
Reserve 1 cup of the prettiest strawberries. Mash remainder; press through sieve to eliminate seeds. Measure and add enough water to make 1 cup.
In small saucepan, combine mashed strawberries, sugar and cornstarch. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until clear and slightly thickened; cool.
Cut reserved berries in half and arrange on top of pie filling. Pour glaze over top; chill.
Makes enough glaze to top one 9-inch pie.