Spiced Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 cup raw, unpeeled zucchini, finely grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
In large bowl, cream sugar and butter; beat in eggs.
In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg. Stir half of flour mixture into butter mixture. Add zucchini (batter may look curdled).
Add remaining flour mixture; blend well. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on rack.