one 2-layer cake or 24 cupcakes
- 1 Easy Fudge Cake or Yellow Cake recipe
- 3 3/4 cups (1 lb. pkg.) C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup coconut, flaked (optional)
- assorted candies (gumdrops, red shoestring licorice), cookies, chocolate chips, pretzel sticks (for decoration)
Make cake according to recipe directions. Cut off a small slice on one end of each cake layer; set aside. Place layers on large tray or foil-covered cardboard, about 18x10 inches, joining together at straight sides, to make snowman shape.
In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat confectioners' sugar, butter and milk for 1 to 2 minutes. If necessary, add more milk until frosting is spreading consistency.
Place leftover flat slices on top of snowman's head to make a hat. Spread frosting over entire cake. Using assorted candies, coconut or other goodies, decorate as desired.
If you choose to make mini cupcakes, follow recipe directions to prepare 24 cupcakes. Remove paper liners and slice each cupcake in half horizontally. Create snowman shape by joining the 2 halves of each cupcake together on a large foil-covered tray. Frost snowmen and sprinkle with coconut, if desired. Using assorted candies and pretzel sticks, decorate as desired.