about 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup C&H® Confectioners Sugar plus additional for rolling
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
Cream confectioners' sugar, butter and salt in large bowl; add vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Refrigerate dough until chilled, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare ungreased cookie sheets.
Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set, but not brown. Roll in confectioners' sugar immediately; cool on rack.
Store in an airtight container.
Pastel-tinted snowballs can be made by rolling cookies in colored confectioners' sugar. To tint sugar, place 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar into blender or food processor. Drop several drops of food coloring into center of sugar; blend briefly. Pink, green and yellow sugars make pretty snowballs.