Shake and Make Vanilla Ice Cream
1 to 1 1/4 cups ice cream
- 1/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (whole, 1% or 2%)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 cups ice
- 1/2 cup kosher salt or rock salt
- 1 quart-sized zipper-style freezer bag
- 1 gallon-sized zipper-style freezer bag
Pour sugar, milk, cream and vanilla into the quart-sized freezer bag. Seal bag securely.
Put ice and salt into the gallon-sized freezer bag. Place sealed bag of ingredients into gallon bag with ice and salt. Seal bag securely.
Wearing gloves to protect your hands from the ice-cold, hold top and bottom of gallon bag and shake vigorously from side to side. Continue to shake the bag for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cream mixture inside the quart bag becomes solid.
Remove quart bag from bag of ice, quickly wiping outside of bag to remove any salty water.
Using scissors, cut one corner at bottom of bag and squeeze ice cream into serving dish. This makes a delicious soft-serve ice cream.
Decorate as desired and enjoy immediately.
Featured by Lisa Basini, the Baking Coach®