Ricotta Fruit Tartlets
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (1 small lemon) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- fresh raspberries, sliced strawberries, blueberries, mandarin orange segments or other seasonal fruits
- 3/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
In mixing bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour; beat until mixture holds together. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare tartlet pans and cookie sheet.
Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough to fit 2 1/4-inch tartlet pans. Press dough into bottom and up sides of each tartlet pan. Line dough with foil and fill with raw rice or beans. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Remove foil and rice/beans, prick dough lightly and continue to bake about 3 to 5 minutes longer or until pastry is golden. Cool on wire rack.
Combine all ingredients in food processor or 5-cup blender container; process until well mixed, 30 to 60 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To serve, fill each tartlet shell with 1 rounded teaspoon of ricotta filling. Arrange whole or cut fruit over filling.
Bring jam and water to boil in small saucepan. Strain and cool. Brush fruit and edges of pastry with glaze. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
Ricotta cheese varies in consistency, depending upon the brand. Look for a smooth and creamy cheese for the creamiest filling.
Tartlets may be put together up to 3 hours ahead and refrigerated.
Pastry shells can be baked ahead and stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 months.