about 1 cup curd
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 pint fresh raspberries or 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup C&H® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in cold, medium saucepan. Turn heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, mashing the raspberries as you stir, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
To remove seeds, pour curd through mesh colander or sieve placed over bowl. If some of the seeds slip through, repeat this step. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
Featured By: Meringue, © 2012 by Linda K. Jackson and Jennifer Evans Gardner. Published by Gibbs Smith, Layton, Utah
The curd can be made a week in advance and stored in an airtight container in refrigerator.