Pumpkin Pie Parfait
(4) 8 oz. servings or (8) 4 oz. servings
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 18 to 20 ginger snap cookies, broken into pieces
Pour cream into a cold stainless steel bowl and beat with an electric mixer until it begins to thicken. Slowly add 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until cream forms soft peaks. Place in refrigerator.
In another large bowl, beat cream cheese. Slowly add 1/3 cup sugar, and mix until smooth. Add pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger until combined. Gently fold in 1/3 portion of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
Assemble the parfaits by layering the broken cookies, pumpkin mixture and whipped cream. Repeat once or twice depending on the size of the glass. Garnish with cookie crumbs, if desired.
Yields 1 1/2 cups pumpkin filling plus 1 1/2 cups whipped cream.
Click here for Ginger Snap Cookies recipe.