Potato Chip Cookies
about 3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups potato chips, crushed (measured after crushing)
- 1/2 cup pecans or roasted peanuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
Combine the sugars, egg, milk and vanilla; whisk together in a medium mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder to combine. Add dry ingredients to batter, then mix in the potato chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, allowing space for the cookies to spread.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Featured by Amy B. Sherman, Cooking with Amy, San Francisco.
Thin, crispy potato chips work best. Avoid low-salt or flavored varieties.