Pineapple Chiffon Dessert
12 to 15 servings
- 1 cup coconut, flaked and toasted, divided
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 (3 oz.) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2/3 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- whipped cream (optional garnish)
Sprinkle 2/3 cup coconut over bottom of a 13x9x2-inch pan.
Chill milk in freezing tray until icy around edges.
In a medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pineapple, lemon juice, lemon rind and sugar. Chill until partially set; whip until fluffy.
In a medium bowl, whip chilled milk until stiff; fold into gelatin mixture. Pour over coconut in pan; sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup coconut over top. Chill several hours.
To serve, cut into squares and top with whipped cream, if desired.