Peach Coffee Cake
For an exquisite Sunday Brunch, serve with Canadian bacon and shirred eggs
- 1/2 cup packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease and flour 9-inch square pan. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup
flour, cinnamon and butter. Blend until crumbly; set aside. In large bowl, beat sugar and egg; stir in melted butter and milk. Combine remaining 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; stir into sugar mixture.
Spread batter in pan. Sprinkle 3/4 reserved crumb mixture on batter; arrange peach slices over top and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 30 minutes.