Peach-Almond Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup C&H® Demerara Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup C&H® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
Combine oats, flour, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. With pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in almonds.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
Beat butter and sugar in mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Add sour cream, alternately with dry ingredients, beginning and ending with dry ingredients; beat until just combined.
Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with half the topping. Spoon peaches on top; sprinkle with remaining topping.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.