Orange Glazed Carrot Pineapple Cake
10 to 12 servings
- 2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 can (8.5 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- orange (for zesting)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-cup mold.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla; beat well. Stir in carrots and pineapple. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Blend into batter. Pour into prepared mold.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. With long spatula, loosen edges and turn out onto rack to finish cooling.
Blend confectioners' sugar with orange rind and lemon juice to obtain a drizzling consistency. Top cake with orange glaze, then garnish with orange zest.