Norwegian Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar, sifted
- cookie press or pastry bag with large star tip
Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare ungreased cookie sheet.
In large bowl, using electric mixer, cream butter, then slowly beat in sugar. Add eggs. In separate bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture. Blend well; add vanilla.
Fill cookie press or pastry bag with 1/4 of the dough at a time. Pipe cookies onto cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool 10 minutes while on cookie sheet. Transfer to wire rack, over waxed paper, to cool completely.
Lightly dust with sifted sugar. Store cookies in airtight container.
Featured by Patty Pike of Deer Park, NY.
When sifting dry ingredients, measure quantities after sifting.