Microwave Chocolate Cake in a Mug
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large coffee mugs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coffee or milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix all the dry ingredients, except chocolate chips, together and place in a resealable plastic bag. Package the chocolate chips in a separate resealable plastic bag. Bundle both bags together and wrap in a piece of fabric; tie with ribbon and place in a large mug to give as a gift. Attach the decorative gift tag with instructions.
Dry ingredients make enough for 1 gift mug, which makes 2 servings.
Empty all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, into a mug or medium bowl; mix until completely combined. Pour half of mixture into another mug. Add 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips in each mug; mix and heat in microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Be careful, mugs will be hot.
Serve warm. If desired, top with chocolate syrup, ice cream or whipped cream.
You can give a set of microwave-safe mugs with your gift since finished recipe will make 2 servings.