- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup C&H® Bakers Sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry curd (or substitute raspberry or strawberry jam)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut, mixed with a few drops of green food coloring
- 4 strawberries, sliced horizontally
Preheat oven to 200°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In bowl of standing electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and continue beating on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Reduce speed to low and add sugars, about a tablespoon at a time. When all sugar has been added, stop mixer for a moment to scrape down the sides of bowl to make sure that all of the sugar has been incorporated. Resume beating on high until stiff, glossy peaks form.
On prepared baking sheets, create 4 circles, approximately 5 1/2 inches in diameter, using the back of a spoon to spread the meringue. The outer edges should be raised slightly. Bake 90 minutes, then turn off heat and leave in oven for 1 hour to continue drying.
In electric mixer, whip cream with sugar until stiff; set aside.
Place meringue crusts on individual plates. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons raspberry curd on the surface of meringue, leaving about a 1/2-inch border.
Place dollops of whipped cream on top of curd. Sprinkle white chocolate on top, add a few strawberry slices, then garnish with a bit of green coconut.
Featured By: Meringue, © 2012 by Linda K. Jackson and Jennifer Evans Gardner. Published by Gibbs Smith, Layton, Utah.