Mashed Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 6 medium (approximately 3 cups) sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Lightly spray or brush sweet potato skins with vegetable oil. Place in oven on a foil-lined pan or cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350°F for an additional 45 minutes. Remove sweet potatoes and allow to cool to touch, then peel off skins.
In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes lightly. Add remaining ingredients. Continue mashing either by hand or with a food processor until all ingredients are combined and purée is smooth.
Reheat oven to 350°F.
Transfer purée into a 9X9-inch casserole dish. Bake approximately 30 to 35 minutes.
Purée can be made a day ahead and reheated just before serving.