Mango & Jicama Slaw
4 cups freshly made salad
- 2 tablespoons C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced jalapeño (fresh or jarred) or 1/8 teaspoon jalapeño powder
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, from segmented oranges, below
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red pepper, julienned
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup (2 to 3 each) orange segments (add juice to dressing)
In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together.
Combine salad ingredients together in a bowl. Toss well with dressing.
Wear gloves when handling fresh jalapeño peppers and thoroughly wash hands after handling.
This salad tastes best after marinating at least 1 hour, but within 24 hours after preparation.