Lemonade Dressing with Fruit Salsa
2 (6 ounce ) servings
- 3 tablespoons C&H® Pourable Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, (juice of 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
Brown Sugar Lemonade Salsa Dressing
Whisk sugar, lemon juice, water and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove pot from heat and add oil in a steady stream, whisking the entire time. Pour into a canning jar, cover with lid and store in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. Shake dressing to blend before serving.
Wash and prepare fruit. Assemble fruit into a large bowl. Pour about 1/2 cup dressing over fruit and gently toss. Spoon fruit equally into 2 (6 ounce) canning jars. Cover and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Remaining dressing can be stored for up to one week.
Lemonade dressing is delicious to make for this fruit salsa or try it over fresh green salads. Enjoy the fruit salsa with pita chips.