Iced Pumpkin Cookies
about 2 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup, light
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- assorted food coloring (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheet.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt; set aside.
In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla; beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on prepared cookie sheet by tablespoonful, 2 inches apart; flatten slightly.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Cool cookies completely before icing.
In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
Divide into separate bowls; add food coloring, if using, to each color to reach desired intensity.
Frost completely cooled cookies before serving.
Featured by contest winner Cassie Stoneking.