Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, double-acting
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon rind, grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 24 small flat bottom wafer ice cream cones
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sifted C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- jelly beans
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare mini muffin pan.
Sift cake flour with baking powder and salt. Cream butter until soft. Gradually add sugar; cream until light. Beat in egg yolks; add vanilla or lemon rind.
Add flour mixture to butter mixture in three parts, alternating with milk. Stir batter until smooth. Fill cones halfway with cake batter. Place cones upright in prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Cream butter and cream cheese with flat spatula until well-mixed. Slowly add confectioners' sugar; mix until completely blended with no lumps. Add vanilla and lemon juice.
Spread icing on cupcakes and top with jelly beans.