Hot Buttered Rum
about 1 cup batter; enough for 10 (6-oz.) servings
- 3/4 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- rum (not extract)
- water, boiling
- cinnamon sticks (optional)
In a small mixing bowl, blend together brown sugar, butter, lemon rind, cinnamon and allspice. Beat until well combined. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
For each serving, place 1 rounded tablespoon of the butter mixture in a mug. Add 3 tablespoons rum and 1/2 cup boiling water; stir well.
Serve hot buttered rum in mugs with cinnamon sticks, if desired.