Honey Cinnamon Almond Caramels
about 20 caramels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup corn syrup, light
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup C&H® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Grease bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan. Line bottom with parchment paper. Grease top of parchment paper.
Combine cream, corn syrup, honey and sugar in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often to 260°F (hard ball stage) on candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Mixture should be at a full boil. Depending on your stove, you may need to cook over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; stir in butter, salt, cinnamon and almonds. Pour into prepared pan. Cool.
Run knife around inside edge of pan; invert onto cutting board. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Roll individually in waxed paper, or layer between sheets of waxed paper in decorative gift box.
Featured by Chef Emily Luchetti.