Homey Apple Cake
12 to 14 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 to 3 medium apples (about 3 cups), peeled, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- C&H® Confectioners Sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare greased 12-cup fluted or plain tube pan.
With electric mixer, beat eggs, oil and vanilla.
Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda. Gradually beat into egg mixture until blended.
Stir in apples and nuts. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes, until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan; remove from pan to rack.
Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Serve warm or cooled.