Fruit Cookie Pie
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups sliced kiwi
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups mandarin orange sections
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare 12-inch pizza pan.
In medium bowl, beat together butter and 1/2 cup granulated and brown sugars until light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually blend into butter mixture until just moistened. Press dough evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with additional 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
Beat cream cheese with sugar and milk until smooth.
Spread filling over cooled crust, leaving 1 inch around border.
Arrange kiwi, strawberries, orange sections and raspberries on top of filling, beginning at the outer edge, working your way to the center.
Fruit can be fresh, canned or frozen and thawed.