Frosted Soft Sugar Cookies
Soft Sugar Cookies Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/3 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Buttercream Frosting for Cookies (recipe follows)
- Colored sprinkles (optional)
Buttercream Frosting for Cookies Ingredients
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1-lb. pkg. (approx. 3 3/4 cups) C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 to 2 drops food coloring
Soft Sugar Cookies Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine sugar and butter or margarine; beat with electric mixer until creamy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Add vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl.
In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture 1 cup at a time; blend until flour mixture is incorporated. Roll into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake 10-15 minutes until bottoms turn light brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack. Frost with Buttercream Frosting for Cookies and colored sprinkles, if desired.
Buttercream Frosting for Cookies Instructions
In large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Add cream of tartar. Add powdered or confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time, blending until fully incorporated. Add extract and water, mixing until combined. Whip frosting at high speed for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy; add food coloring, as desired.
For an extra special touch: Garnish frosted cookies with colored sugar. To create your own, simply take 1/2 cup granulated sugar and mix with a few drops of any food coloring.