Dark Brown sugar
To create flavor that's deep, rich, and real, use only C&H® Dark Brown Sugar. Its moistness and deep, rich molasses flavor make it ideal for full-flavored or savory recipes.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1/2 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons lime juice 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion, diced 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and purée until smooth. Set aside 1 cup of sauce to serve with cooked chicken. Store away from work station to prevent cross contamination with raw chicken.
Brush jerk sauce onto both sides of each chicken breast. Set, uncovered, in a pan on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator to marinate for one hour.
Prepare 6 (12-inch) pieces of heavy-duty foil by coating with cooking spray. Place each marinated cutlet piece on foil. Spoon a tablespoon of marinade onto chicken. Fold over the foil and tightly crimp the edges closed to form a cooking packet. Discard any remaining marinade.
After handling raw poultry, always wash hands and contact surfaces thoroughly. Completely cook chicken through until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F.