Five-Spice Oatmeal Cookies
5 1/2 to 6 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups rolled oats, quick-cooking
- 1 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
Combine flour, five-spice powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract; mix. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in oats and almonds. Drop by rounded teaspoons, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool one minute. Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely before serving.