Country Fruit Cobbler
- 4 cups (about 8) peaches, sliced, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish or iron skillet.
Combine peaches, 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Place peach mixture in prepared baking dish or skillet.
Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a separate medium mixing bowl. Add milk and melted butter to dry mixture. Blend well.
Pour batter over peaches. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden brown. Serve hot with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Credit: Baking with Friends, © 2010 by Sharon Davis and Charlene Patton. Published by Family Academy, Battle Ground, Washington.