6 to 8 servings
- 1/4 cup C&H® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 to 8 sprigs mint (optional)
In medium bowl, combine sugar, water, lemon rind, lemon juice and orange juice; stir until sugar dissolves. Freeze 6 hours until solid, beating every 2 hours to break up ice crystals.
Before serving, beat in food processor or blender to smooth texture. Or, scrape with fork and mound in goblets.
To serve, mound in lovely goblets, glass dessert dishes or use frozen lemon shells as containers.
Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
To increase the lemon or orange flavor of the granita, simply adjust the amount of the respective fresh juice added.