Christmas Sugar Cookies
about 36 cookies
- 1 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- assorted Christmas candies, sprinkles and edible decorations
Cream sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg, lemon peel, vanilla and lemon extract; mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt, beating at low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour, until chilled.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare ungreased cookie sheets.
On well-floured surface, roll out half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters; place on prepared cookie sheets. Decorate with candies and sprinkles. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned at edges. Cool before serving.