Chocolate Walnut Crinkle Cookies
- 5 ounces (5 squares) chocolate, bittersweet
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 30 walnut halves
Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler; whisk until smooth. Mix together cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. In electric mixer on medium-high speed, whisk together eggs and granulated sugar for 2 minutes. Reduce to low speed and stir in melted chocolate, coffee and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Refrigerate dough until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare parchment-lined baking sheets.
Scoop or form the cookies into balls, each about 1 tablespoon in size. Sift the confectioners' sugar into bowl and roll each ball in the sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets several inches apart.
Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until crackled on top. Remove from the oven; gently press a walnut half in the middle of each warm cookie.
Cool completely, then store in airtight container.
Featured by Chef Emily Luchetti.