about 40 truffles
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- chopped nuts (optional)
- additional C&H® Confectioners Sugar, for dusting
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, for drizzling
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, for drizzling
Melt chocolate with cream in top of double boiler. Add sugar; whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature or until thickened, but not until hard or lumpy. Whisk in butter. Pour into 8-inch square pan; chill until firm.
Shape about 1/4 of truffle mixture at a time, keeping remainder in refrigerator. Scoop into balls with melon baller or spoon. Place in freezer for 5 minutes or until firm.
Working as quickly as possible, roll between palms to make neat 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll in cocoa powder, chopped nuts or confectioners' sugar or cover with melted chocolate (see Quick Tip). Continue with remaining truffle mixture. Keep refrigerated.
To cover truffles with melted chocolate, melt chips in the microwave, drizzle with a fork over tops of rolled truffles. Refrigerate for approximately 1/2 hour, or until chocolate is set.