Chocolate Truffle Strawberry Tart
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 (6 oz.) packages semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups small, whole strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1/2 cup spreadable strawberry fruit preserves
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional)
Combine all ingredients, except pecans, in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press firmly on bottom and up sides of 12-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake chilled crust 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Heat cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat just until boiling, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour into cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
Just before serving, top tart with strawberries. Melt fruit spread in small saucepan over low heat; stir in almond extract. Drizzle or brush over strawberries. Top each serving with a dollop of Sweetened Whipped Cream, if desired.
Click here for the Sweetened Whipped Cream recipe.