Chocolate Cappuccino Fondue
4 to 6 servings
- 1/3 cup firmly packed C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce (1 square) chocolate, unsweetened
- 1 ounce (1 square) chocolate, semisweet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon coffee flavored liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- assorted fruit or cake chunks
In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar and cream. Add chocolates and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted. Stir in liqueur and extract.
Serve with fruit and cake chunks (see Quick Tip).
- Use 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate instead of unsweetened and semisweet chocolate.
- Add 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds.
- Add 1 tablespoon kirsch or rum instead of coffee flavored liqueur.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and ground cloves.
Best dippers include angel food cake, ladyfingers, macaroons, plain cookies or pound cake. Fresh fruit, such as strawberries, grapes, bananas and pears make delicious dippers. Dried fruit may also be used.