Choco-Nut Sheet Cake
- 2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 6 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease and flour a 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
In large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
In small saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil; stir into sugar mixture. Whisk in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Pour batter into prepared pan (batter will be thin).
Bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Frost while warm.
In large bowl, combine sugar and walnuts. In small saucepan, bring butter, cocoa and milk to a boil. Stir into sugar mixture; blend thoroughly.
Spread on warm cake; let cool and cut into 24 pieces.