Cardamom Spiced Brownie Cake
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon C&H® Confectioners Sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350°F. Position cake rack in center of oven. Coat 9-inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, line with parchment paper; spray parchment paper.
Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe medium bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat three times, until melted. Place butter in another microwave-safe bowl and melt completely. Slowly pour melted butter into chocolate. Mix well until smooth; set aside to cool.
Whisk together all dry ingredients in separate bowl; set aside.
In large stainless steel bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla for 1 minute, until slightly foamy. Continue to whisk and slowly pour in sugar, whisking for an additional minute, until light and foamy. Slowly whisk in chocolate mixture.
Sift dry ingredients in three batches over chocolate mixture, combining with rubber spatula until well mixed. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, until cake appears dry and toothpick inserted about 1 inch from side of cake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
Invert onto serving dish and back onto rack, shiny side up. Cool completely. Slide cake back onto serving dish. Mix cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar; sift over cake before serving.