Cheesy, creamy Pumpkin Fondue pairs perfectly with golden crispy asiago-laden toast points for a stunning appetizer that will keep your guests coming back for more.
Caramelized Asiago Toasts
- 12 slices french or multigrain loaf 12 slices french or multigrain loaf
- 2 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon EVOO 1 tablespoon EVOO
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary ¼ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded asiago cheese ½ cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1 tablespoon C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- Pinch black pepper Pinch black pepper
Savory Pumpkin Cheese Fondue
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin oil 1 tablespoon pumpkin oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed or finely minced fresh garlic 1 teaspoon crushed or finely minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup white wine ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup shredded mild white cheddar cheese 1 cup shredded mild white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded swiss gruyère cheese 1 cup finely shredded swiss gruyère cheese
- ½ cup finely grated asiago cheese ½ cup finely grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup canned solid pumpkin 1 cup canned solid pumpkin
- 1 cup half and half 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage leaves
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves ¼ teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment and lay the slices of bread out on the sheet pan.
In a small skillet, heat butter and olive oil together until butter melts. Remove from heat and stir in rosemary and salt.
Brush seasoned butter on bread slices.
In a small bowl combine asiago cheese, golden brown sugar and pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the tops of bread slices.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
In medium sauce pot over medium heat whisk together pumpkin oil, garlic, cornstarch and wine until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
Add cheese 1 cup at a time, stirring after each addition, until all the cheese is blended in.
Whisk in pumpkin, half and half, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper and heat, whisking, until mixture comes to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and hold over a double boiler or pour into a fondue pot over low heat.
Caramelized asiago toasts can be made in advance and frozen for up to a month to be ready for your get together.