about 6 cups sauce
- 4 cups firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/3 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch slices, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
In a large saucepan, heat all ingredients except vanilla extract over a high heat, stir and cook until it comes to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool sauce completely.
Serve immediately. Store in refrigerator in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.