about 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-oz.) bag (about 2 cups) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
In large mixing bowl, cream together shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended. In medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture until well combined.
Stir in butterscotch chips and pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
Featured by Sheila Tobey of Gettysburg, PA.
To make Butterscotch Fudgies into bars, lightly grease a 15x10-inch pan. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into bars while still warm; cool completely. Makes 24 bars.