Brown Sugar Refrigerator Cookies
about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare ungreased cookie sheet.
In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla and lemon rind. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; beat into sugar mixture.
Shape into thick roll and wrap in waxed paper. Chill several hours or overnight.
Remove paper. Cut dough into 1/8-inch slices; place on prepared cookie sheet.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to racks to cool.