Banana Rum Raisin Cookies
about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed C&H® Golden Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (about 2 medium) ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare ungreased cookie sheets.
Mix butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, bananas, rum extract and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt, beating at low speed until well mixed; stir in raisins. Drop by large teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
Store in airtight container.
Featured by Nadine Reicher of New City, New York.